Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just Love

Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
Psalm 63:3-5
God is love.
(1 John 4:8)
God's love endures forever.
(1 Chronicles 16:34)
Sometimes, I just can't get a grip on this.
In my mind, everything has a beginning and an end. Life. Relationships. Work Days. Meals. Worship services. Phone Calls. Movies. Sleep.
You name it. It begins and it ends.
Not God's love.
Wow.
I recently have been questioned about how I can proclaim scripture and have some of the behaviors that I have. I answered the question, to myself, "I am a sinner-but saved by His wonderful grace."
Then His word came to mind and reminded me that nothing will ever change His love for me. My status as a child of God will never change, no matter my behavior...or someone else's.
It can be easy to look at life's circumstances and assume that God does not love us.
But it is not true.
I am a Christ Follower, I am in the family of God and nothing, nothing, NOTHING, will ever change His love for me.
The same is true for you.
So, whatever you or I may be facing, good or bad, praise God for His love!

I choose to remember that nothing I face will change God's enduring love for me. I praise Him for the love He has for me and the life He wants me to live.

No comments: