Monday, August 11, 2008

Honky Tonk Fun

So....I guess everyone who lives in Texas has to do it at least one time!

Friday night, I went to a Honky Tonk bar! Cowboys in Arlington was hopping on Friday night and we made it even more fun! I am still laughing out loud.

Let me tell you, I am not a honky tonk girl. I don't like bars (anymore) and had NO desire to go. I was coerced by my friends and co-workers...after all, Yvonne was in town from North Carolina AND it was her 39th birthday. How much of a party pooper could I be? (I knew I could be a BIG party pooper)

These gals were not even arriving at our destination until 9:30 or 10:00 p.m! I religiously am in bed by then most nights! Staying up late is 10:30 - with the few exceptions that Tina and I chat on the phone until after midnight...but those nights are fewer and far-er between. (we are in our 40's now) And I had to drag my poor husband along - again - on another Girls Night Out. Poor guy!

And have I mentioned that I can barely tolerate Country Music? Mercy me! It hurts my ears.

But, I am glad that I went! I will say that Cowboy Boots are on my birthday list, just in case this ever happens again!

The Medical Edge Coders! (Left to Right) Stacey, Jessica, Me (in the front), Diana, and Birthday Girl, Yvonne!

Me and my best Friend!

The Cousins...Yvonne's last name is the same as ours, so Fred has claimed her as kin.

Jessica and Me...she is responsible for bringing me back to the crazy and fabulous job that I now have. She was my boss and now we are great friends!

My husband flirting with Yvonne! He is crazy! So is she!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! That's awesome. :)

Mary Ann said...

fun!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Yvonne.