Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday's Thoughts on Fun

WOO HOO! Those of you who know me also know that the man in that picture is my all time favorite musician! Dave Matthews. And not just him, but his entire band...when they play, something happens to my heart and soul that words cannot explain. Music is a language all it's own, and it is one that my heart understands deep in the depths of my soul.

Tomorrow Lezlie and I will be going out to dinner and then onto Dave Matthews Band concert. My excitement is indescribable.

And no, this is not the first time I have seen him perform. The first time was with my son, Adam, who also loves DMB, and the last time was with my old best friend, Ruth, right before I moved from Virginia to Texas. I guess the memories could be a little bittersweet tomorrow, but I am so, so looking forward to going.

So, get ready for an "I am in love with Dave Matthews" post coming real soon. (smile, Fred)

Tonight, I am off to spend time with my daughter. We are going to see the sequel to one of our favorite movies, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Part 2. As my daughter gets older, I am enjoying my relationship with her more and more. She is becoming one of my favorite friends to hang out with. I am so blessed and so grateful to have a daughter who seems to like me and enjoy spending time with her dorky old mom.

Off, for what I like to call Fun Friday. I am feeling fabulous!

No comments: