Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rooms Outdoors - RAP (Random Acts of Poetry)

Rooms Outdoors

Big and quiet, cold and hard
place to slip away and play
Love the room at edge of yard
at Grammy's I would stay

On that porch the world looked big
my imagination soared
treasures found; a rock, a twig
my mind was never bored

A teen, the porch now focal
for gatherings of friends
At night hides good-night dawdle
love whispers, life impends

Now my porch I call my own
extends the life we live
family meals or time alone
this space it holds and gives

Memories and future fun
My favorite room to meet
when everything is said and done
My porch time's very sweet





5 comments:

pam said...

I really liked this one

L.L. Barkat said...

"love whispers"

it does, it does...

Unknown said...

Lovely poem, your memories also.

sojourner said...

love the rhyme in this - it provides a reflection of the action that takes place in that space :0)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.