Thursday, January 29, 2009

ABC's of the Word - Y

It's Thursday! I love Thursdays because I take special time to ponder and pray about the verses in God's word that have meant a lot to me as I walk with Him. I was excited to get to "Y" because of of my very favorite scriptures begins with "Y", using the word "Your" as we talk to God about how wonderful His love is. This particular scripture is one that I go to whenever I feel that I have wondered away from Him and it is a song (by Third Day) that I sing when I want to praise Him for how deep, how wide, how big His love really is! More than I can imagine!



Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,

your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,

your justice like the great deep.

O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.
How priceless is your unfailing love!

Both high and low among men

find refuge in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 36:5-7 (NIV)
For more ABC's of the Word
visit


9 comments:

david santos said...

Brilliant!!!!!!!!

Carol said...

I love that verse, and I love that song.

pam said...

Beautiful...now I'm singing the song. Pray you're having a grand day with Him Liz!

Liz said...

I tried to get the Video (for the song) to embed, but there is something wrong with the html code on GodTube. I will try again later...but great song! Yes! Sing'it!

Peggy said...

Blessings Liz...How I love YOUR
Psalm...and Third Day's song!

Oh YES, His LOVE unfathomable, unfailing, endless, indescribable!

YOUR Scripture absolutely magnified
in your photo and priceless in God's Word always draws me to that
place of comfort & compassion in the refuge of the shadow of His wings! Beautifully put together!
Thank you for your visit & "Y"
I Love the Lord!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Y, Liz.ogr

Carrie said...

Yes, He is the center of everything good and essential to our being.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful verses and a beautiful picture of God's amazing creation...

The Dementia Nurse said...

I LOVE this psalm! It is my all-time favorite Third Day song. (My boys are coming to ol' Virginny in April, and I will be front and center).