Sunday, April 13, 2008

Am I Old??

My son, Adam, has lived in Fairfax, Virginia for a week now. It is his new home and I don't really like it. I am proud of him because he has a good job, but I don't like it that he couldn't come over for dinner tonight. I don't think I am old enough to have a son who lives half way across the country, making his own salary and his own dinner tonight!

However, our dinner tonight was fun even though we missed Adam. Most Sunday's, Aaron (my other son) and Amy (girlfriend) join us for dinner. I heard Rebecca (my daughter) tell a friend that we always have pasta or meatloaf on Sunday nights. True and sort of funny. Tonight was Italian night. We also included a friend of mine and her two children. It was fun...crazy but fun. I choked on black pepper and thought I would die coughing! Then, I accidentally let Amy's dog out and fell down while trying to catch her. Fun stuff. I am certainly too old to chase dogs and apparently too old to eat pepper!

We have a new family member. Our niece delivered her baby last night! Makena Ryan Grace Voyle entered the world last night at 8 lbs and 5 oz! This is our first great niece! Wow! I feel really old since I am a GREAT aunt.

Ok, I thought only old people fell asleep in church! Ha! I did that today and don't even really know why. The message was good, I was just so tired. I think I kept my mouth closed and I am pretty sure that I did not snore, but I can hardly believe that I did that!

I went to see a movie last night with some girlfriends. I can say that I didn't feel that old because the movie we saw was based in the 1920's! We saw Leatherhead and it was very good. But what did make me feel old was watching George Clooney and Renee Zellweger play young parts. One of the girls that I was with is around 30 years old, and she said that George Clooney was old and that Renee looked a little wrinkly in the movie playing a 31 year old. Now, I was thinking that they looked pretty good and were able to pull off the young parts. I happen to know that George Clooney is exactly the same age as myself...is that old? Anyway, the movie was good...go see it if you get the chance. It is a decent chick flick about football! Who would have guessed?!

Speaking of old...it is past my bedtime. It is after 9:30 and that is when I usually go to bed. My kids think that I am really old because I go to sleep on the couch if I don't go to bed at my bedtime!

So, I guess some people might think I am old...but I know that I am young at heart!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Liz,

Just you wait! You won't believe how great SEX is with a 50 year old! There are good things awaiting you my child!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said...

LOL! I know you would know...ha ha! I guess I did not mention in this blog post that Fred is turning 50...maybe that is why I feel so old! Thanks for the laugh, and giving me something to look forward to. I can't wait to check it out! (Just one more week) ;)