Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Say Yes To God Tuesday


The title of this chapter is If It Were Easy It Wouldn't Be Worth Doing.

That's a hard pill to swallow.

There have been a couple of big events in my life recently that were not easy. They were both discouraging and frightening. And I threw a couple of pity parties of my own during these seasons.

One, my husband was layed off for 18 months. I worked full time while he did handy man jobs. At times, I felt very sorry for myself. Looking back, I can see that it was one of the sweetest and most peaceful times in our marriage. God used that time to mold me (and my husband) into what He wanted us to be. I finally said YES to God in my attitude and then when my husband found a job that moved us across the country, to Texas. I left all that had been familiar to me for almost 12 years, left one son in college there, and moved, somewhat against my will. I said yes and have since discovered that the entire thing was planned by God. I saw how He worked, and doing it that mysterious way that one can only recognize if you are walking with Him.

Six weeks after we got here, the second situation occurred. My mom and her husband were on a motorcycle and hit by a car. My mom almost lost her life, her leg and she did lose her husband. I cried out to God that this was not the Norman Rockwell homecoming that I desired. In saying YES to God this time, while spending two months with my mom as she was in the hospital, I saw God work in my life and in the lives of other's that I would not change for anything. I wish her husband was still here and my mother still does not have full use of her leg, but God provided, He protected, and I agreed to be part of the process...in both situations.

Had I known that I was going to have to walk through those circumstances, I would have certainly said, "I can't!" And when I found myself in the midst of them, I did say, "I can't". But my Lord said, "Yes you can. And I will be with you." I only wonder what I would have learned if I had said yes earlier in those times. Either way, I love Him more and more as He walks me through the Yes's, even though I want to say no. He is faithful!

Saying YES to God is the most thrilling way to live, even through the darkest times! Obedience and following His will for my life is worth it.

4 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I am learning to take these "experiences" and let them mold me to be more usable for Him. You have been through a lot but the joy of Christ in yur life is obviously in your post. We keep walking by faith!!
Blessings!

In His Graces~Pamela

Amy said...

But my Lord said, "Yes you can. And I will be with you." ......I love these words.:)

God Bless,
Amy:)

Lelia Chealey said...

I loved reading what your comment on my blog and again here. It's amazing what we can do when we give it all to Jesus. So glad your Mom survived, wish your stepdad could've too. Thank God you were in the same town as your Mom lived though.
Just keep saying YES Liz!

Michelle said...

He is faithful and following his will is so worth it. Thanks for visiting my blog and your encouragement and prayers. Blessings!