Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cloud Nine


Last night I went with some friends to a concert. We spent almost 4 hours at the American Airlines Center in Dallas listening to Daughtery and Bon Jovi! What a blast!

I love Daughtery. They are a great band with great music. I think it is another wonderful example of how American Idol is doing a great job of finding talent and these folks are entering into the music world. Daughtery being a Christian band under a secular label and doing so well is icing on the cake. Plus, to tour with one of the legends...Bon Jovi!

So let me talk a little about my night with Bon Jovi. I have enjoyed his music for almost 20 years. As soon as the Lost Highway CD was released, I bought it that day. I think he is very talented, extremely good looking and a genuinely nice man.

But...ladies (since I will only be talking to ladies here...unless you are gay) this man is HOT! (yes, my husband knows that I think this!) I think he has gotten better with age. If I ever swooned, last night would have been it. His voice was perfect, his song line up was perfect, the band was rocking, and he was such a flirt. He did select one beautiful young lady out of the audience to dance with him during Bed of Roses. All the rest of us watched in absolute jealousy as she nuzzled his neck with her arms around his perfect shoulders - and then he kissed her right on the lips! All of the women around me (myself included) melted, we were like a bunch of young teenagers. How fun it was to loose ourselves in the fun of watching this music legend, this sex symbol that attracts generations of women, sing and dance and entertain us.

What a night. I am still on cloud nine, my head swimming with the music and the beauty of this gorgeous man. When I go home tonight, I will ask my husband to serenade me with a few Bon Jovi songs...lucky for me he will do it...and that will do it for me! I will fall in love with my perfect husband all over again, but today...my head is filled with memories of last night.

No comments: