Tuesday, April 8, 2008

From Life to Death

Last week, I received an urgent prayer request for a staff member of the church that I am a member of. She had suffered what her family believed to be a migraine headache that turned out to be much more serious. Long story short, our Lord brought her home to be with Him on Sunday evening.

This woman was an amazingly talented young (34) year old woman of God. She was married and had been in full time ministry for many years. She was beautiful. I have heard her lead worship, sing, and speak on many occasions. She was admirable and I know that when God looked at her, he was pleased.

So, I have been sad...sad for the loss of her life on earth. Sad for her husband who loved her. For her parents and sisters who will miss her. For her best friend, who also serves on staff at FC. And sad for those of us that will no longer have the opportunity to be encouraged by her sweet spirit, to worship under her lead, or to hear her beautiful voice.

As I ponder these losses, I have remained in a state of prayer, that God will provide peace and comfort for all of us left behind, but also that no moments will be wasted when it comes to spending time with those I love. How quickly life can pass into death. How much time do I waste, how many relationships do I ignore, and how many blessings do I miss out on when I am focused on the wrong things?

I know this post is very cliche' in such a time as this. But it is so true. If any one of my loved ones were to pass from this life tomorrow, have I done all that I need to do to be right with them and before God? Have I reconciled all the bitterness that I have held in my heart? Have I shared Christ with the ones who God has placed in my life who need to know Him? Do all my children know how much I love them and am so proud of them and glad to have them in my life? Do my parents know how much I appreciate them? Does my husband know that I would marry him all over again if I had the chance? Has my life brought honor and glory to God?

My chance could end in a moment.

I pray that I will savor each moment and make it count, that the one's that I love will know it, that amends will be made to the one's that I have hurt.

I pray for comfort for Vanessa's family and friends. Thank you, God, for using her in the lives of so many people. She was a display of Your splendor!

http://www.fellowshipchurch.com/vanessa

No comments: