Sunday, April 27, 2008

I love Life

I love life.

I am grateful for the rain that we got in Texas last night. The grass, the trees, and the flowers are green and shiny. The birds are singing and the geckos are playing.

I am grateful for my family. My husband loves me and I love him. My children are healthy and they love God. They have healthy friendships and relationships. They are intelligent and have good goals for their lives. I enjoyed my Sunday afternoon talk with Aaron and Amy. Adam and I had a real nice talk tonight too. I am thankful that both of my adult boys make a point to catch up with their mom and dad every Sunday. Adam has been calling us every Sunday since he went to college, and Aaron and Amy spend time with us most Sunday evenings as well. My daughter is one of my favorite people to spend time with too and she was home with us all weekend except Friday night. I am grateful for time with my family.

I am grateful for my friendships. I enjoy relationships and I love people. I had so much fun shopping with my closest friend here in Texas, Lori. We shopped on Friday night, not coming home until after 11:00 p.m., and got up the next morning and went at it again. What fun. We no sooner got home and the husbands decided they wanted to take us out for dinner. I love knowing that both of our men have no jealousy or control issues to where we have to limit our time together, but just enjoy our friendship. It was like a weekend retreat, but we stayed home. I spent time with some other friends today, after church. We enjoyed a nice brunch out talking about what it means to "do life" together. I saw my neighbor and friend, (also my son's girlfriend's mother) and we had a nice chat in the front yard for a good while. After taking a nice long nap, my husband went to have dinner with his friend, Jim, who was here for a lay over. (he is a pilot) While they did that, Jim's wife, Nancy, and I spent two hours on the phone. Even long distance friendships can remain very close and very satisfying. I am so blessed to have such good relationships.

I am grateful for good movies. Fred and I watched a movie, Why Did I Get Married, on Saturday night. It was thought provoking and funny. The movie was about four different couples who were very close friends. They took an annual trip together every year to evaluate their marriages and deepen their friendships. God actually used that movie to confirm something that He has been telling me for a while. Funny, last weekend I watched a different movie, Reign Over Me, that God used to give me the very same message. Do I see a theme here? I hear what He is saying. I think it is cool that God will use something I enjoy very much, movies, to reinforce what He is teaching me.

I am grateful for my job, which I will go to tomorrow. I am eager to get to my desk and accomplish things that make things work better for the doctors that I work for. I look forward to encouraging and coaching my employees. I even am grateful for the meeting that I attend every Monday that keeps the communication open between all the departments. It is so fun for nearly 30 managers to come together every week and work as a team. It is encouraging and beneficial. I look forward to my commute, where I will likely talk with my friend, Tina, like we do quite often. (this might be a future blog post!) I enjoy our morning chats while I drive into the office. And I will enjoy the commute coming home, where I will talk with my mom or my friend, Ashley. I love having that extra time to keep up with important relationships.

I am grateful for my very comfortable house. God has blessed us so much to have such a nice home. We have more space than we need, nice cozy furniture, a cool pool to play in, a huge back porch to entertain on. I have books that I can read, televisions that I can watch, and computers that I can use for work or play whenever I want.

I look around and am overwhelmed with how wonderful life is. I am so grateful for so many things that I can only sigh with pleasure at how blessed I am.

I love life.

No comments: