Thursday, April 17, 2008

Keeping Secrets

OK, some of you who know me know that I can't stand secrets. On one hand I think they are harmful, they hurt people, they make people feel left out of things. Often times I just can't figure out what the purpose is to keeping most secrets. I know there are some things that are just plain private, but to act as if privacy is a life or death matter, it bewilders me. What makes people want to hide things? Pride? Fear?

And then when I have to keep a secret, as in a fun secret, I find it extremely difficult. I have revealed my own secrets...like when I buy a gift for someone...I tell it WAY too often! Or, it just slips out. One time I was talking to my son and actually said, "....when you see the shirts I bought you for Christmas." and didn't even realize it. I will never live it down.

I know that I am more open than a lot of people. That's OK with me. It has it's good points and it has it's bad. I have learned what is "Too much information" and also learned that not everyone is as comfortable with themselves as I am. God gives me a gauge to go by and the longer I walk with Him, the easier it is to read.

But right now...I have a secret! And I am busting at the seams wanting to let the cat out of the bag! I cannot, I will not, and I should not. As the days progress closer to the revealing of this secret, more things start to happen that make it even more exciting and even more difficult to not squeal. I received news today that makes the secret even more of a secret. What fun I am having! And it has almost just popped out of my mouth from sheer excitement.

Obviously, this is a fun secret. I cannot wait until it is unveiled! Somethings are just too much fun to hide. I almost don't want this part to end....but I really want to see the result! God is so fun and He has such a sense of humor. I am glad to have Him along since I can tell Him about all of it and He will keep the secret. In fact, He is even helping me hide the secret until the proper time. He is the God of fun and the God of joy!

More later...............
ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 comment:

Kristen Schiffman said...

Ok...now I want, no, I NEED to know! lol. ; )