Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fear is Gone!

1 John 4:18
Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.

I sometimes struggle with fear. Fear that I am not good enough, fear that something bad will happen, fear that people might abandon me, or even fear that people will take things away from me that are important to me. I am pretty sure that this type of thinking is a result of having experienced a fair amount of tragedy in my life. People were taken from me, bad things did happen, and I have constantly struggled with feelings of unworthiness.

Fear is not from God. Experiencing His perfect love expels all fear. I am beginning to understand this in ways that I never thought I would grasp. The struggle with fear is becoming something I deal with less and less. I rejoice over this because a situation recently occurred that would have had my heart stopped in fear a few years ago, but I was not afraid this time.

So, I sit here and rejoice that God has freed me of a fear that has been part of my life for way too long. I want to thank those who have prayed with me, prayed for me and stood by me as my friend(s) during this journey! The counsel that I have received from you has been heard and acted upon. And God gave me the opportunity to see that He has changed me, that I can trust Him and that He IS faithful to His promises and He does answer prayer. God's love is perfect and it certainly expels all fear!

Fear no more!

Romans 8:15 Amplified

This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!

2 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

God gave me the opportunity to see that He has changed me, that I can trust Him and that He IS faithful to His promises and He does answer prayer. God's love is perfect and it certainly expels all fear!


What you said there...not sure of all the details,m nor do I need to know, but maybe that was God's WHY of allowing you to endure all of what you did in that relationship...to reveal another side of Himself to your heart.

Liz said...

Oh absolutely, Lelia! I have seen a brand new part of the heart of Jesus. And I have more faith and hope in HIM than I could have grasped before. Additionally, I have mercy...mercy that I have never known. It must be from my Lord because I know my own heart of flesh and the mercy I feel toward this person has to be from The Great God of Mercy and Grace! There is no need to post the details of the circumstances God has used, no benefit. The story has to do with the victory that I have in Christ!