Skip to main content

FREE


That picture is a picture of my heart. It is how I feel after having traveled a long journey where the enemy walked with me some and I found my way back to God. This is how I will look this weekend while shopping with a friend, while babysitting for another friend, while attending the worship service at a fabulous, God seeking church. It is how I will look when I watch a movie with my husband this weekend, and how I will look when I go to work on Monday. Very importantly it is how I will look when I am in Virginia, visiting friends and spending time at the beach. I will be free of pain and anger. I will have boundaries in place (I have read ALL the boundaries books, for you who want to know) and I will be free to experience all the joy and abundance that God has to offer! (I wish I could add that the body is as voluptuous, but not true! It is a picture of the spirit...the attitude, not the physical! smile)

I have to say that I feel more free than I have felt in such a very long time. The pit has been deep and the bondage was strong.

The work I have done, the circumstances that God allowed in my life, and the closure in something that occurred yesterday has allowed me to feel like a 3000 pound weight has been lifted out of my heart!

Praise God that He satisfies every desire. Praise God that He finishes what He starts. I said goodbye yesterday and that sends my spirit souring!

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Galatians 5:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...

Behind Those Eyes - Chapter 8

We are completely loved and accepted completely. That is the chapter title this week and it is such good news! It is news that I have heard before, but news that I was glad to hear again. Lisa's story at the end of the chapter touched my heart...you know, the one where she woke up the morning after her prayer asking God to let her know that they were okay. The song in her head, that really was in her heart is awesome. I have had those times. Recently, I have had quite a few. The last few months (years maybe?) have been a little difficult. Some days I have wondered, "Does He REALLY love me?" And then some sort of confirmation will come along, He will let me know that we are okay and my heart sings. His love is gentle. His love is perfect. His love is comforting. And his love is absolutely unconditional. My blog time is shortened this week due the death in my family. My post is short, but honest and heartfelt. This week, I had a couple of conversations with a good...