Skip to main content

Project 365 July 8

Wednesday, July 8
This morning I had another round of Steroid Injections for my neck and wrist issues.
I took the day off of work because I have to go under general anesthesia to have them done and cannot drive after the procedure.
This time (as opposed to last time) I came home and felt remarkably well.
The pain was gone.
The numbness ended quickly.
And in the late afternoon, when my daughter asked me if I wanted to go to the mall and have some Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, I quickly agreed.
We picked up her former boyfriend (your guess is as good as mine) and headed to our neighborhood outdoor mall. After spending a little time in Barnes and Nobles, we headed over for ice-cream.
Sitting at the outdoor table, with my daughter and Robert (who has been her very good friend for over 3 years now), I took notice of the outdoor fountains.
They have always been there, but they were extra appealing on this day.
It was hot, over 100 degrees, and there were children periodically running through the water to cool off.
As we walked over to the fountains to watch close up,
I noticed this statue.
Summer all of a sudden was very surreal in my mind. (might it be the steroids?)
What a lovely summer day.

Comments

Kim said…
Those fountains do look refreshing! And what an adorable little statue.

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected

Sometimes, things just don't happen like we expect. Occasionally, the unexpected is a nice surprise, but sometimes the unexpected can turn an event, circumstance, or even a life, upside down. Last week, my daughter and I went to spend Spring Break with family. Our flight was lovely, the weather perfect, and we were looking forward to a stress free week. The first thing we did was eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. As usual, we looked forward to our fortune cookies. We took turns reading and laughing...and then my daughter opened hers - "Be prepared for a change in plans." Uh-oh. We didn't like this one but we decided our week would be stress free and fun in spite of what a cookie said. Continuing on through out the day, all was well until that night. I sat outside on the porch of a friend I have known for 35 years and received news that changed something I have believed for 30 years. The words were horrible and made me so ill that I got sick within min...

ABC's of the Word - Y

It's Thursday! I love Thursdays because I take special time to ponder and pray about the verses in God's word that have meant a lot to me as I walk with Him. I was excited to get to "Y" because of of my very favorite scriptures begins with "Y", using the word "Your" as we talk to God about how wonderful His love is. This particular scripture is one that I go to whenever I feel that I have wondered away from Him and it is a song (by Third Day) that I sing when I want to praise Him for how deep, how wide, how big His love really is! More than I can imagine! Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:5-7 (NIV) For more ABC's of the Word visit Grey Like Snuffie

I Close My Eyes

Well, I did it. I took the writer's challenge at a blog that I have been lurking around for some time. I found this blog through Laura at Wellblog 's place and have been enthralled ever since. I have dabbled in poetry on and off. Written some invitations, cards, and even a few song lyrics (for fun) but have been hesitant to post any. (roaring lion? see below post ) With the encouragement of a friend, I decided to take the challenge on L.L.Barkat's blog, in a lesson on seeing. I chose a subject that is cherished, a memory that was real and something close to my heart. The beach. Many, many days were spent at the beach in the 12 years I lived on the Southern Virginia coast. The memories are real, and when.......... I close my eyes and I can still see the beach. The endless spans of water Sometimes blue, green, or gray. It moves Gently and Violently Bubbles rise and falling forward. On and on. I close my eyes and I can still hear the crash Of tidal movement As earth slowly spi...