Monday, January 19, 2009

Pay It Forward

I have met a new friend in this wonderful blog world and her name is Gail.
When I read her posts, I have to laugh, because so often she says something that so could come right out of my own mouth (fingertips).
Her blogs are thoughtful, thought provoking, and well written.
And she leaves the most wonderfully encouraging comments on my blog.
(don't we all love our comments?)
Yesterday, Gail left me a message to check her blog.
Lo and behold!
I have an award!
WOW!
To make it even more pleasurable, when I read her introductory paragraph...
I laughed again!
Her words expressed what I was thinking!
AGAIN!
You can read her post here.

Anyway,
I am thrilled to have received this award, and pleased because it is a "Helping Hands" Award.
When I started this blog, it was an exercise that was to help me.
If this tattered and torn journey of mine can help one person,
see God,
be brave,
continue writing,
begin writing,
see God,
then I am thrilled!

Without further delay,
I will pay it forward.

Pam at Grey Like Snuffie: I have no idea how I found her, but I am so glad that I did. Her words open my eyes to see things, things that I don't normally notice. When I read Pam's blog, I want to stop and take notice of the world around me. It seems she sees God in everything. I want to be more like her.

Laura at the Wellblog: I have acknowledged her before, but I must repeat how much I love reading her blogs. Her writing is poetic and beautiful. I can see and hear when she writes, as if I am there. And her heart, I so love her heart.

Tina at Forever Tinker: Tina has been my dearest friend for 14 years. When I started this blogging thing, she loyally read and encouraged me. Eventually, she began one of her own. She is a busy mom of four beautiful children and she doesn't blog as much as I wish she did, but when she does, I am so blessed. Not only because she is my friend, but she is a gifted writer.

Lelia at Write From The Heart: Lelia was the very first person to comment on my blog...that I didn't know already. I was SO surprised and blessed. Lelia's comment and future encouragements helped shape what God was doing through this blog. And her blog....I love it. She makes me laugh and she makes me cry, sometimes in the same sentence!

Go by these blogs and be blessed. Thanks, Gail!
Blessings to you!
~Liz

Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
Hebrews 10:24




3 comments:

pam said...

Tonight I sit here NOT FEELING SO GRAND...I really ramped up my weight lifting this morning and I feel like a semi ran me over. :) But your sweet comments brought tears to my eyes. A year ago you would not have been saying these things. Thank You Jesus!

Lelia Chealey said...

Oh Liz...you are so sweet! You too have been a huge encouragement to my heart this last year of blogging. It's so weird...I just feel like we're all old friends. You are a blessing to many...believe that about your words and keep blogging.
Love,
Lelia

Laura said...

You are so precious to "pay it forward" to me! I feel the same way about your writing, Liz. So many wise words that make me smile. I am honored and I thank you, friend!