Monday, January 5, 2009

Random Things About Me

Saturday morning, I slept until 9:40 a.m.! I guess I was exhausted and needed the sleep, but I also woke with a little bit of a cold.

Yuck.

So, I took it easy, as easy as I could in the whirlwind that is my life.

I enjoyed coffee with a friend that I only get to see every now and then, but we are soul sisters at heart! We did a tiny bit of shopping, checking our the Christmas clearance at Hallmark - got great deals on 2008 ornaments!

Then we met our families at the worship service. A great service, I might add. Perfect for the New Year, but not typical. I don't think I would call my pastor anything near typical. The Holy Spirit is clearly working in this man's life as Matt communicates the truth of the gospel, and challenges us (the church) to walk in a way that honors God to the max! Love it!

Sunday peaceful, with a trip to the grocery and a list of healthy menu ideas and recipes from Weight Watcher's cookbooks. (No...not a New Year's Resolotution - I loathe them - but a continuation of a healthy decision that is forever in one phase or the other).

Time in the afternoon was spent with a close friend, (aka sponsor) working on some step work. Good stuff, steps 4 and 5. Healing.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.


As I spent time reviewing my entire life, all the happenings - good, bad, ugly, fun and painful, I realized that I am an Okay person. In fact, I am likeable, funny, honest, and loyal.

But, I still have a cold and I am not feeling creative. So, I got a great idea from my friend, Pam, at Grey Like Snuffie, and I am going to post some very random things about me.


1. My first car was a Toyota Carolla, navy blue.
2. My prom date was a boy named Fred, and I married a man named Fred, different Fred, but odd still. (not a common name among males in my peer group)
3. I would rather eat great food and rarely am tempted by desserts.
4. I am just learning to enjoy my own company.
5. I wish I were a physician, it is the job of my dreams.
Random about me, but God planned it this way!
O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
Psalm 139:1-4

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Liz,

Haven't been around in cyber land, but wanted to stop by and say hi. Love the random things.

Hope your steps went well, I remember Brett going through those ones they can be rough for some.

Glad to call you friend. Thanks for the continued prayer through December. I hope your cold goes by quickly.

:) Carol

pam said...

Your posts are stirring thoughts to ponder in me Liz! This scripture has been spinning around my mind for a couple of days.