Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tardy Soul Talk - Time Out for GREAT NEWS!

Today is the first day of the online Bible Study, hosted by Lelia.

My post is not ready, but it will be tomorrow. Germs had my body down for several days, every time I tried to read, my eyes would close. Antibiotics should do the trick and my post should be ready tomorrow.

In the meantime, I received a phone call from my mother today. Some of you know, but some of you do not, that my mother was involved in a very bad accident in September of 2005. She and her husband were on a motorcycle and were hit by a car. Long story short, my mom's dear husband of almost 22 years did not survive his surgery, and my mother has not walked since. The injuries she sustained to her leg were the worst the trauma surgeon had ever seen. His favorite line whenever we asked if she would walk was, "We have already won the lottery..." meaning she survived and the leg is still attached.

The news today was fantastic! After so many surgeries that we have lost count, after many, many months (years) in a wheelchair, several attempts at walking with walkers, crutches, and canes, hardware in and hardware out of the leg, hip replacement, and lots of anguish and prayer, my mother has heard the news, "Your bone is healed!"

The x-rays are good. The bone looks solid. She can walk! She can walk!

Woo hoo!

5 comments:

pam said...

Thank You Jesus! That is wonderful news.

Laura said...

Oh, Liz! I did not know about this tragedy. I'm so sorry. What a difficult journey this must be. I am rejoicing with you on this victory for your mom, and I am praying for comfort for her in the loss of her husband.

She is so blessed to have a sweet daughter like you.

Looking forward to sharing another Bible study with you, dear friend!

Mary Ann said...

Diana emailed me "God is a big ole boy!" Mom

Liz said...

YES HE IS, Mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Liz, you look skinny in your photo! :) Praise His name for healing and mercy and grace...and you're so pretty!

Virginia Fowler